Friday, 4 June 2010

Matthew returns home..

It was a great delight to welcome Matthew home after his time in Afghanistan in the armed forces! I photographed him as he walked up the platform at Glasgow Central Station dragging his army box behind him with all his belongings in it. Susie and I felt a huge relief at his safe homecoming after what must have been an arduous six months. I know a lot of friends and family are glad to see him home too. I thank you for all your prayers over this last tour of duty. They are so very much appreciated.
I really hope and pray that Matthew's time at home will be restful and refreshing. I think it's important to know that there is a haven of rest where the soul as well as mind and body can recover in peace without troubling. It's important to know that home is still there! Remember the prodigal son in his hour of deepest darkness and despair, coming to his senses and saying "I will arise and go to my father's house!" He just knew that his father's house would still be there! A place of stability and refreshing peace. I hope Matthew finds that here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment